Acura World banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Lexan breaks relatively easily it's just not as brittle as glass...
Dude, please stop with the misinformation. Arguing this will be futile......again.

LEXAN® is a registered trademark for General Electric Company's brand of highly-durable polycarbonate resin thermoplastic intended to replace glass where strength justifies its cost."

"Lexan is similar to polymethyl methacrylate (Plexiglas/Lucite/Perspex) — commonly described as Acrylic — in appearance, but is far more durable, often to the point of being described as "bulletproof" (depending on the thickness of the sample and the type of weapon used)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexan

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
^^^ amen rews

I've thrown a 40oz of OE at a lexan window and it bounced right off. I've done the same with glass and it broke. I speak from experience, which is more than I can say for some debaters....

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
BTW if freakin love your E30!!! the guy who lives next door to me has a E30 325 with a 4.5L swap and some fatty rear tires! it has some insane torque.
Thanks! Get some pics of your neighbors E30, I'd love to see it. My brother and I have been toying with the idea of swapping an S54 motor in it (same one I have in my 06 M3) but with less than 55K on the odometer, we both agree it would be a waste.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Has anybody stoped to think that your car shouldnt be bullet proof.. cause you shouldnt be in that type of situation.. or area.. lol.
I don't think anyone was asking about bulletproof cars. Basically, someone said Laxan is fairly easy to break. Then I posted a link saying that Lexan is not easy to break. Lexan even claims that their product is almost bulletproof given the right thickness. In conclusion, Lexan IS NOTeasy to break.

/thread.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.