Acura World banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Lexan breaks relatively easily it's just not as brittle as glass...

if you are worried about security just pick an insurance company with good theft coverage it's considerably cheaper than the monthly fees for GPS tracking

·
5,395 Posts

if you are worried about security just pick an insurance company with good theft coverage it's considerably cheaper than the monthly fees for GPS tracking
Are a car cover :paranoid:

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Dude, please stop with the misinformation. Arguing this will be futile......again.

LEXAN® is a registered trademark for General Electric Company's brand of highly-durable polycarbonate resin thermoplastic intended to replace glass where strength justifies its cost."

"Lexan is similar to polymethyl methacrylate (Plexiglas/Lucite/Perspex) — commonly described as Acrylic — in appearance, but is far more durable, often to the point of being described as "bulletproof" (depending on the thickness of the sample and the type of weapon used)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexan

·
5,395 Posts
Lexan is use on more things then you think, there used on cups, r/c cars, solar panel, swimming pool cover, etc

http://www.binder.at/schwimmbadueberdachung/*****-01.JPG

·
Like a Boss
21,877 Posts
whoa, let's not get into rocket science.
AHHAHAHAHHAAHAAA!!! NASA!!!! ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!!!!! AHAHAHAHHHAHAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You're so clever.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
BTW if freakin love your E30!!! the guy who lives next door to me has a E30 325 with a 4.5L swap and some fatty rear tires! it has some insane torque.
Thanks! Get some pics of your neighbors E30, I'd love to see it. My brother and I have been toying with the idea of swapping an S54 motor in it (same one I have in my 06 M3) but with less than 55K on the odometer, we both agree it would be a waste.

·
Registered
316 Posts
^^^ amen rews

I've thrown a 40oz of OE at a lexan window and it bounced right off. I've done the same with glass and it broke.
The true test of any material...:beerchug:

·
just call me moe
5,478 Posts
Thanks! Get some pics of your neighbors E30, I'd love to see it. My brother and I have been toying with the idea of swapping an S54 motor in it (same one I have in my 06 M3) but with less than 55K on the odometer, we both agree it would be a waste.
his car is at his house. but ill see if i can get a pic or 2 off the net.
i would think the m3 motor in that car would have sufficiant power for the weight. unless it was a race car that is.

·
Registered
497 Posts
wouldn't throwing a 40 just prove LEXAN isn't as brittle as glass which is exactly what I said? lexan windows are not bulletproof regardless of type of gun thats why it says it depends how thick it is a lexan windshield will still break fairly easily just not nearly as easily as a glass windshield it's just a weight vs strength ratio same as carbon fiber vs steel

a 1 inch LEXAN sheet will stop weak handguns a .32 and up will still go straight through any rifle will go straight through. Windshields are rarely 1 inch thick they usually range from .25-.75 inches(when made of glass) meaning anything with the power of say a 9mm or .22 pistol will still break a LEXAN windshield the windshield being the thickest window on the car this should demonstrate all your other windows would break even easier...

·
Like a Boss
21,877 Posts
Crazybadger, Psychism, Round 38438y4998768, FIGHT! :popcorn:

21 - 40 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.