Acura World banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Rycon... you live a realistic world that has no place here :p people talking about their windows being bullet proof live in imaginary worlds where thats useful and in that world everyone uses low calibur handguns to shoot at them if only someone could figure out an immunity to bullets being as they are one of mans natural weaknesses much like kryptonite is to superman...

sticking to the answer to the question perspex sucks LEXAN is good but expensive for the benefits I would compare it to making all your panels out of carbon fiber yeah it is lighter and yeah it is stronger than the original panel but it's horribly expensive and when it breaks it's horribly expensive to repair or replace so it's really not worth it UNLESS you make all your windows 3-5 inchs thick and hope that your enemies with their bullets only shoot at your windows because 5 inchs of LEXAN will stop most high powered rifles unless you hit the same spot repeatedly and I think everyone is aware that guns just aren't accurate when you turn them sideways to fire so thats not likely

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Has anybody stoped to think that your car shouldnt be bullet proof.. cause you shouldnt be in that type of situation.. or area.. lol.
I don't think anyone was asking about bulletproof cars. Basically, someone said Laxan is fairly easy to break. Then I posted a link saying that Lexan is not easy to break. Lexan even claims that their product is almost bulletproof given the right thickness. In conclusion, Lexan IS NOTeasy to break.

/thread.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Type2 you'll have to define easy... LEXAN breaks a spring loaded or hydraulic punch, shoot it, kick it with a work boot, meteor strike... all of these things break both glass and lexan windshields main difference is how they break and how much they weigh for the same thickness

·
Like a Boss
21,884 Posts
Holy crap, who cares?

We figured out that it's probably not worth it, at least on a street car, so I say let's let it die already.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lexan is a polycarbonate plastic, aka "shatter proof glass" its used because its lighter and in an accident it will crack into big pieces(if it cracks at all) instead of shattering or spidering. Yes is does scratch easily. And yes I know what Im talking about, I have sheets of lexan sitting in my room...I get it for free.
Polycarbonate is a tough material that is difficult to destroy, so it is very unlikely that it will break.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.