Acura World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone! I'm new to the car hunt (and this forum) and I was looking for some advice.

I want to get a first car, and it seems like I'm settling on a 3rd gen integra as my primary choice. The problem so far seems to be that a 4 door standard integra is..exceedingly rare. I was hoping to find one in the New England area where I live, but no luck so far.

My questions..
What issues are common to integras that I should be especially aware of?
Are there any particular years of 3rd gen to avoid, that have specific problems, etc?
Will living in a salty area especially affect an integra? Do they typically have higher quality metals than Mazdas (which I've been told are rust buckets in NE due to poor quality metal)
What kind of price range should I expect?
Does anyone have one they're willing to sell? :D

·
AW Detailing Wanker
16,287 Posts
the DB chasses (four door third gen) is pretty darn rare. I'm lucky to be able to say that I've owned two DB8s in my life. I doubt I'll have the opportunity to own another. That being said, any integra is going to be prone to rear quarter panel rust. Its fixable but its a pita. Other than that there are small things that a car this old will run into but nothing that is such a big issue you should walk away from it. Excluding collision damage of course. Pricing... I've seen the DB7's (not vtec) go for around 2-3k in the low range and the DB8 (really rare GSR sedan) I'd still expect to go for 3500 and up depending on condition.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts