Acura World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Acura world I'm looking for some help here on my TL decision. I currently have an 06 tsx auto with navi in nbp. The family is growing and I need the larger space that the TL offers. I'm currently looking at 2 TL's. One is an 08 TL auto with navi and 70k miles. The other is an 08 type-s auto with 80k. I want an auto for my daily traffic commute. They both are the same price and both are certified preowned acura's. As far as modding I won't do much more then what my tsx has which is intake, suspension and reflash. Basically what I'm looking for is reliability of both and what the owners of both think of the cars. Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know these questions most likely have been covered. But what is the gas mileage difference between the 2. My TSX currently gets 26-27 mixed driving. I know I'm going to take a bit of a hit with the TL.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Go with the Type S for sure! I have owned both an '05 3.2 and a '08 Type S 3.5. They get about the same mileage...it's hardly worth comparing maybe 1mpg difference. All the newer TL cars have the 3.5 too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
08 tl type s is on average 24mpg that's white my manual transmission one with a mostly highway commute . The 3.5 and te 3.2 not much of a difference in gas mileage power is a pretty noticible difference. And for te same price and only a 10k mile difference you won't regret it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts