Acura World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
RSX204
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

What is the most cost effective way to lower my RSX? I've heard bad things about coil compression. I wouldn't mind having the obvious handling effects from lowering my car, but I am looking more towards the look of it. How would you go about lowering your RSX if it was more for the looks than the performance? Cost vs. quality? Also, how easy is it to do yourself?

I don't have the type-s sadly. It's a 2002 RSX premium. Still love it. Everything is stock at the moment. Just starting out.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have Tein S-tech springs on stock struts and no complaints. Eventually, when my stock struts go out, I'll upgrade to Koni yellows. Overall drop is 1.5 inches all around.

Most will recommend going full blown adjustable coilovers, for ex.: BuddyClub N+ or Tein SS-PS, but I was fine with springs. Another popular option is the OEM A-Spec suspension (about an 1 inch drop all around) from the dealer.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I would always recommend coilovers, since you can adjust the ride height and the performance.
Some people go with springs, and hate the drop or the front is too high, or they want to go lower, and the worst thing is you can't adjust it.

If you're handy, you can definitely do it yourself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts