Acura World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
RSX204
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

What is the most cost effective way to lower my RSX? I've heard bad things about coil compression. I wouldn't mind having the obvious handling effects from lowering my car, but I am looking more towards the look of it. How would you go about lowering your RSX if it was more for the looks than the performance? Cost vs. quality? Also, how easy is it to do yourself?

I don't have the type-s sadly. It's a 2002 RSX premium. Still love it. Everything is stock at the moment. Just starting out.

Thanks in advance

·
Teh Danger Ranger
26,712 Posts
new springs and shocks would be the most cost effective. coilovers would be your other, more expensive option.

PM C25A1guy (His name is Dean) for brand recommendations and cost. He's a good dude and will set you up.

·
Old Parts Slinger
9,604 Posts
There's really 2 trains of thought here, depending on how low you want to go. Lowering springs and adjustable coilovers. Lowering springs will lower the car to a set height while with coilovers allow you to really customize the lowering rate of the vehicle. Since you stated that you wanted to lower for aesthetics, I'll throw away my typical "don't lower this car more than 1" if you want to maintain proper steering geometry blah blah blah" speech.

As far as what I have access to, lowering springs typically start around the $200 range while coilovers (and I don't mean those sleeves that you just put over the stock shocks BS) typically start around $900ish. The issue really comes down to long term R&R of wear and tear parts (specifically shocks). I still really haven't found and full direct replacement units for this car on the market except Monroe (in which I'll reserve my thoughts so I don't get slapped with a some BS slander suit), whereas coilovers usually come pre-assembled and ready to install onto the vehicle with a matched damper and all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts