Acura World banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
That is all.....
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
again might have another choice in headers. I got this in my mailbox...

FYI . . .

===============================
Originally posted by v6MoMoney

Prototype Racing Av6 Header R&D Event
Saturday July 13th, Torrance, CA @ 7:30a.m. - ?

-= Roll Call =-
[*] SoCalv6
[*] Gimmick
[*] Frank828
[*] Nossy
[*] Squirrel
[*] Hunsvotti
[*] Uciaccordv6
[*] SiFulao
[*] AccordBoi
[*] v6Acs2k
[*] 2k2accord
[*] nbp2k2tls
[*] acuratlfan
[*] delpilar
[*] NocturnalCoupe
[*] loxllxol?
[*] Akord02?
[*] AjlsDope?

-= Agenda =-
0730 hrs: v6's to be consider for R&D test, arrive and line-up with hoods open for review
0745 hrs: Intro and then Joe will review the v6's for R&D test
0800 hrs: Selection of the v6 to be R&D tested
0815 hrs: Installation of Prototype Headers
0930 hrs: Test drive and adjustments
1000 hrs: Dyno Test
1130 hrs: Removal of Protoype Headers

Things to bring: Clean ride, water and/or freshments, camera's, note pads, and a positive and friendly attitude. :D

Note: This is a technical event with plenty of useful AV6 info that's going to be shared. The results of this R&D testing will determine if these v6 headers should be produced! If you plan on bringing a friend/ relative, please keep this in mind.

If there are any other SoCal members that are planning to attend please let me know. Joe needs to know how many will be attending.

Thanks for your help,
Maurice

===============================

SOCAL V6ERS,

IF YOU ARE ON THE LIST AND STILL PLANNING ON ATTENDING PROTOTYPE RACING'S R&D HEADER TEST, YOU MUST EMAIL [email protected] ASAP, TO GET DIRECTIONS TO HIS SHOP.

PLEASE ONLY EMAIL JOE IF YOU ARE FOR SURE GOING TO ATTEND! NO FLAKING OUT AT THE LAST MINUTE! THIS IS AN IMPORTANT PRODUCT BEING MADE AND TESTED FOR OUR V6'S!

IF I NEED TO REMOVE YOUR NAME OR ADD YOUR NAME TO THE LIST LET ME KNOW.

REMINDER:

THIS IS An AV6 R&D EVENT!!! SO PLEASE DO NOT EMBARRASS US BY ASKING FOR FREEBIES AND/OR HANDOUTS . . .

THE GOAL RIGHT NOW IS TO ASSIST IN THE R&D PROCESS WHICH WILL HOPEFULLY GET THESE V6 HEADERS PRODUCED AND AVAILABLE IN THE NEAR FUTURE.

IF AND WHEN THAT HAPPENS, WE'LL BE WORKING ON GETTING A REASONABLE PRICE FOR THESE V6 HEADERS, SO MANY OF OUR MEMBERS CAN AFFORD TO PURCHASE A SET.

PLEASE REMEMBER YOU ARE REP'N THE WHOLE AV6 PERFROMANCE CLUB, NOT JUST THE FEW THAT ARE SHOWING UP AT THIS EVENT.

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP & PARTICIPATION!

MAURICE

·
Registered
80 Posts
Cool let us know how it goes. Any other Acura tech info would be good to. Do you know anything about the company hosting the gathering? Do they already produce performance parts and how are they usually priced? It seems to me that Comptech charges more for their headers than just about any other company that makes headers. IMO. Anyway have a good time!

·
That is all.....
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
daltls said:
Cool let us know how it goes. Any other Acura tech info would be good to. Do you know anything about the company hosting the gathering? Do they already produce performance parts and how are they usually priced? It seems to me that Comptech charges more for their headers than just about any other company that makes headers. IMO. Anyway have a good time!
Oh I'm not going, just recieved the update in my email. Comptech charges alot for two reasons. They are usually the only company designing and producing parts so they have a monopoly. In the headers case, well they are headers. There are not that many v6 headers out on the market for any car.

·
Registered
80 Posts
evolaerok:

I understand that Comptech is the only game in town but GD! Compare the cost of Comptech to practically any US v8 header manufactorer [email protected] I know they've got to recoup their engineering dollars but don't they know this country and theirs is having a little economic difficulty. I am now getting off the soap box, I just want some headers but refuse to pay that much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.