Acura World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm new to this forum, I bout a 1998 Acura CL, and am losing a TON of coolant and running into overheating issues as the coolant runs low. The attached photo shows the approximate point of spraying/pouring of coolant. I changed the thermostat, which seemed to have fixed the problem, but to no avail, it seems to have not been the problem after all. Any ideas guys? I'm not real good at pinpointing problems on cars. Thanks for any help.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry if this doubles up.....had to login.

Is this an area you're finding coolant? Not sure what you're trying to show.

Things to check;
1) Check hoses - there could be a pinhole in one of the hoses which is shooting out coolant if you're finding it in the engine bay. Just replace all radiator hoses. They should be done every so often anyway.
2) Replace radiator cap - Even if it looks good and tight, it could be not holding a vacuum. The coolant will steam out. I had this happen, and I was getting air in the system as well. These are both really cheap and easy fixes.

3) Check your exhaust while engine is running. Have someone rev your engine while you watch the exhaust. If you see white vapor/white smoke coming out of the exhaust, you have a gasket issue and you're burning coolant.

The last one is the biggest problem. Anything else is pretty simple. Hoses, cap, or radiator itself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts