Acura World banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally starting to see some exhausts come out for the tl. Basstar sports mufflers full catback but going to be loud.

Attachments

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have the Hyper Medallion Tanabe Catback, its kind of loud, but its a very clean deep sound.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
333 Posts
I heard the sound clips... but they don't sound that loud. Maybe it's cuz of my speakers? :D But reading the website, they say that it is legal in Japan, comes with a legal certificate (in Japan) and that it will pass "sha-ken" which is equivalent of smog check here.

The styling is nice... with the small canisters. That's exactly what I am looking for. but I've never heard of Basstar Sports. How are their quality?

It is listed at 47,800 yen (which is approx $382 using $1=125yen) for Inspire/ Saber. However, it does not list wether it is for single or double mufflers.

Value:
It doesn't say anywhere that the exhaust is cat-back. Did I over-look it??

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The first gen TL's are single muffler and 47,000 yen for one muffler. The Second Gen. TL is 72,000 for dual mufflers. This company has been around for years. Quality should be very good.
Yen = 119 currently.

·
1,959 Posts
Mike how much (including S/H) if we were to order from you? Can you give us any specs on the Basstar cat back? Is it stainless steel? How much extra HP? How loud in db (if this info available)? Thx in advance.

·
Registered
333 Posts
The company has not been "around for years"... is it?

I have never heard of them. My sources tell me they have been around only for 3~4 yrs... still pretty new.

In any case, I really dig the design of them.

More information would be appreciated, I am sure, by everyone. Such as who's the US-counter part, who will carry these exhasuts, whether it will be US legal, etc. :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Value....

any new info on the exhaust??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.