Acura World banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Transform and roll out
5,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for everyone that's lowered their car with Comptech, H&R, etc... springs and have the full underbody kit and live in an area that gets a good amount of snowfall during the winter months: Do you have any troubles getting around when there's snow on the roads? I'm asking b/c you'd have less road clearance with the drop and the kit.

·
Transform and roll out
5,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
evolaerok said:
I haven't had problems with plowing any snow at all with TL or my type R that was low too....
really? Well, after my work term in the fall, I should be able to afford a winter beater so it shouldn't make a difference in either case.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
I just got mine lowered (H&R Sport) so i'm a little concerned as well:paronoid: but I think it should be ok. It looks like i have enough room for some snow as long as i'm not trying to drive in over a foot of snow.

·
Registered
15,040 Posts
V.S.O.P said:
I just got mine lowered (H&R Sport) so i'm a little concerned as well:paronoid: but I think it should be ok. It looks like i have enough room for some snow as long as i'm not trying to drive in over a foot of snow.
You got them installed already!!!! Post pics ya bitch!! ;)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
fahoumh said:
how's the snowfall there?
Some avg, yearly snowfall numbers (in inches):
PORTLAND, ME 70.5
BOSTON, MA 40.9

Although this year there wasn't that much snow in Boston and I was only in Maine for one of the snowfalls. Still, I didn't have any troubles with clearance. Traction is another issue, I don't think I'll keep the stock tires on for next winter :)

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
fahoumh said:
Astroboy mentioned that coilovers aren't any good for Canadian winters....do you get as much snow in Jersey as they do in southern Ontario and northern New York?
That's why the coilovers are adjustable. In the winter I just raise my TL back up and lower it in the spring time.

BTW, Canadian winters are worse than ours.:D

·
Transform and roll out
5,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is what Astro said over on A-TL:
coil overs are the worst choice for a Canadian Winter...unless you're willing to get under your car and coat them with Silicon grease or vaseline so they don't corrode over the winter and come spring you won't be able to turn them anymore...
I'm sure he's talking about the threaded part of the coilovers....they lay so much damned salt and sand on the roads here that they'd be facked:mad: I hate driving my car in the winter.:bigcry:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.