Acura World banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here. Got a tech question. I have an 02 Acura tl. Bought lowering struts n coils. 2" drop. I installed them over the weekend and the rear of the car is Higher than the front. What would cause this. Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I know this post is months old but just in case someone has this question in the future, I've seen this happen on other makes/models. There's a bit of a settling period that can sometimes happen when you install new struts. I doubt that you put them in upside down but that can cause the front to lift too. There's also always the chance that you got struts that weren't meant for your make/model but I doubt that too. I'd just give it time to settle and, if there's still an issue, maybe contact the manufacturer of the struts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an '04 TL and last summer I replaced all the struts and suspension bushings.
I did not lower the suspension.

But, the installation routine indicated that the suspension should be loaded with the weight of the car (as if you had the wheels installed and the tires were resting on the ground) before torquing the mounting bolts for the struts and all the suspension linkages.

So, could it be that your suspension linkages are loaded for the original springs and thus raising the rear of the car somewhat?

Just a thought.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.