Acura World banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
That is all.....
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new CL six speed has it. You think we can fit limited slip in our TL's? A guy I met a meet today had one put on his GS-R and he says the car now feels more rwd.

·
Transform and roll out
5,506 Posts
I figured we don't have a limited-slip differential in our car when you asked if one could be fitted. There is more than one type of differential.....that's why I asked what kind of differential we have, assuming we have one.

·
Registered
24 Posts
evolaerok said:

We don't hav lsd. A LSD is a mod that will increase traction through turns and launches.
The CL-S has a helical limited slip differential.... whatever the heck that means. I think you would have to install the 6 speed tranny and the LSD at the same time. I dont think you can just put the LSD on with the stock auto tranny.

Correct me if im wrong.

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Both the 5AT CLS and TLS have an open differential which means each wheel can spin independently at any rate. So if you take off, one wheel can spin while the other is stopped - a bad thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.