Acura World banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, called the local BMW dealer and I can get an M3 lip spoiler for $129. A good body shop in the area said it might take 3 hours to paint it WDP, which might cost $150. So, for ~$280, what do you guys think? The BMW dealer said they put an M3 spoiler on an Accord, and it looked great.
Oh, and those of you that don't think it would look good, keep your opinions to yourselves. :eminem: :D

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
yeah talk to lil, he will help you. he is a bimmer maniac :)

and i think it will look nice, but any reason why you want a m3 one rather than m5? i just worry that m3 one might be too short?

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
SimTypeS said:
A good body shop in the area said it might take 3 hours to paint it WDP, which might cost $150.
3 hours to shoot it or to complete?? :sqnteek: :sqnteek:

·
Registered
16,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rominl said:
yeah talk to lil, he will help you. he is a bimmer maniac :)

and i think it will look nice, but any reason why you want a m3 one rather than m5? i just worry that m3 one might be too short?
Well, I asked for the M5, and he said he has fit an M3 to an Accord. When he brought up the prices, I asked if it gave the length. He said "what are you going to put it on?" :D So, I'll check on the sizes when I stop by the Bimmer dealer.
As for paint, he said it would take 3 coats for the WDP, so between shooting and drying, about 3 hours. I hear someone with satin silver had it painted for $60. :sqnteek: Sucks. So, I'm still shopping. Oh, the M3 might fit the trunk, where as the M5 might overlap the trunk, requiring to be cut at both ends, but that way it would fill the whole rear area.
If anyone else has input, it's appreciated.

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
SimTypeS said:

Well, I asked for the M5, and he said he has fit an M3 to an Accord. When he brought up the prices, I asked if it gave the length. He said "what are you going to put it on?" :D So, I'll check on the sizes when I stop by the Bimmer dealer.
As for paint, he said it would take 3 coats for the WDP, so between shooting and drying, about 3 hours. I hear someone with satin silver had it painted for $60. :sqnteek: Sucks. So, I'm still shopping. Oh, the M3 might fit the trunk, where as the M5 might overlap the trunk, requiring to be cut at both ends, but that way it would fill the whole rear area.
If anyone else has input, it's appreciated.
well read the thread regarding spoiler options and you can see pics of the m5 spoiler on the tl. it doesn't look too long to me at all

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.