Acura World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Moderatus Emeriti
22,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:morning: AW. Yep - it's the day before Tax Day. Hopefully most of us have done our taxes and gotten our refunds . . . but if you owe - Sorry, it's time to bite the bullet and write the check out to Uncle Sam!

Enjoy your day. Keep thinking we're one day closer to summer.

:beerchug:

·
Moderatus Emeriti
22,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Sums Monday's Up For Me - Perfectly! :lol:

Wonder if this is how Kevin will feel when he checks in?

·
Moderatus Emeriti
22,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Morning, Clappy.

Does Germany have an income tax like the USA? Do you have to file a record of your income, expenses, taxes paid and all the stuff that we do?

·
AW Resident Stormtrooper
25,346 Posts
Morning, Clappy.

Does Germany have an income tax like the USA? Do you have to file a record of your income, expenses, taxes paid and all the stuff that we do?
Yep, I did it a 2 weeks ago... wonder if I will get something back... got 2 different jobs with 2 different salary, didn't work for 3 weeks in between those 2 jobs... put some invoice from when I moved to Berlin and the invoice from the German classes I had last year... would be great to get a little something ;)

Already got around 250$ from Canada, had something I think is equivalent to your 401k (RRSP), I took it (paid some taxes on it) and now I get the taxes back because it was not big enough income to be taxed on. I will put it here in a savings account with some more money every month.

RRSP : Registered Retirement Savings Plan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Banned
30,196 Posts
Speaking of retirement accounts. We may get a great salary here, but our retirement system is teh suck! I got my statement the other day, and it only shows an annual interest growth of 1.97%

I can make more than that putting that money into a passbook savings account!!

·
AW Resident Stormtrooper
25,346 Posts
Speaking of retirement accounts. We may get a great salary here, but our retirement system is teh suck! I got my statement the other day, and it only shows an annual interest growth of 1.97%

Wow that's not a lot :(

I need to take an appointment with somebody at the bank, I don't know what kind of savings account they have here, see what are the options.

·
Moderatus Emeriti
22,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Is that a 401K or a pension account?

My 401 K is reflecting the economy (can you say recession?).

·
Banned
30,196 Posts
No, John this is the state public employees fund. I know that the state makes more interest than that on their investments, so I don't know why more of the fund growth doesn't go back to the individual account holders.

All they do is have a bunch of seminars every year that tells us that we need to save more. Yeah, no shit.

All I know is that Wyoming's public employee retirement fund sucks.

·
AW resident 'old fart'
21,242 Posts

Maybe but I have my doubts. The kids have one and it has drawn less than a percent for several years now.

I had several T-bills at one time and I looked into them a few years ago only to see they were paying a bit less than 2% :eek:. Back when I actually owned several, I thing the average bid I got them at was typically 5.5 - 5.75 percent. It seems like piracy these days to loan the government money or a bank (so they can lend it out) at they rates they offer. Imagine loaning the government $10,000 in the form of a T-bill and earning less than $200 after an entire year!

·
AW resident 'old fart'
21,242 Posts
Yep, I did it a 2 weeks ago... wonder if I will get something back... got 2 different jobs with 2 different salary, didn't work for 3 weeks in between those 2 jobs... put some invoice from when I moved to Berlin and the invoice from the German classes I had last year... would be great to get a little something ;)

Already got around 250$ from Canada, had something I think is equivalent to your 401k (RRSP), I took it (paid some taxes on it) and now I get the taxes back because it was not big enough income to be taxed on. I will put it here in a savings account with some more money every month.

RRSP : Registered Retirement Savings Plan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
And, tell them about THIS in Germany: V.A.T. :eek:

·
AW resident 'old fart'
21,242 Posts
:morning:

Monday = errand day. :(

·
AW resident 'old fart'
21,242 Posts
:sqnteek: What do you mean ??
Isn't it up to 14% now? What's the word? Mehr "vetch" teuer? (kind of a phonetic attempt)

·
AW Resident Stormtrooper
25,346 Posts
Isn't it up to 14% now? What's the word? Mehr "vetch" teuer? (kind of a phonetic attempt)
oh the sale tax, sorry I didn't know what you were talking about :hide:

The "Mehrwertsteuer" is 19% (14% in 2006) and the "Umsatzsteuer" is 7%.

·
AW resident 'old fart'
21,242 Posts
Yeah, that's IT! :eek:

·
AW Resident Stormtrooper
25,346 Posts
Yeah, that's IT! :eek:
Well the salary and the prices are in consequences to this... I don't complain... my expenses (rent, food, services) are around $1,000 per month... and after income taxes my salary is about 3 times this... so everything is fine.

·
AW Detailing Wanker
16,331 Posts
:morning: AW. My taxes have been done already and I got about 325 in total returns this year (already received). Now I can't wait for this economic stimulus check to come my way. $300 advance on next years tax return. :woot:

1 - 20 of 138 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.