Acura World banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the Acura World, and I recently purchased my first Acura. It's a 2012 TL SH-AWD, and came with 72,200 miles. I looked through all the manuals it came with and searched online, but I cannot find the maintenance schedule; other than that the car will inform me on its maintenance minder display such as "Service Due Soon A 123456". Really? That is quite vague. Any advice would be much appreciated it.

My previous car was a 2004 Honda Accord, and its owner's manual had specific schedule by miles driven for certain maintenance. For example, when to change the spark plugs, do a transmission fluid flush, etc. I do not see anything like this listed in my Acura TL's owners manual. I take pride in having taken good care of the cars I have owned. With the Honda, I have done all the maintenance according to its schedule, I had no mechanical problems, and I put in 200,000 miles when I traded in.

Another question: If I were to replace the rear brake pads, do I really have to replace the front ones and all four rotors as well? The local mechanic told me I should, but I would like a second opinion before I needlessly replace the rotors so soon.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts