Acura World banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
first of all, i would like to thank slownlow32tl for informing us about this neat and cheap trick, and thanks to the person that did this first and show others, all credit go to s/he.

btw. my car is an acura rl 99.

b4

after

instructions here

edit: updated links. sorry guys, my hosting company is having issues and they lost most of my files.

·
Registered
448 Posts
this is freaking awsome im gonna go home and try it asap... hmm i wonder if those geniouses also colored the black piece too

·
Registered
448 Posts
WOW I JUST DID MINE AND WOOOOOOWWWW ITS AMAZING NEVER THOUGHT SO LITTLE EFFORT CAN GO SUCH A LONG WAY
THNX FOR THE THREAD

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just did it tonight and it looks great. Cost me absoloutley nothing that was the best part. I cant get over how great it looks. thanks for the info.

·
Registered
448 Posts
well you can try on a concealed area u got nothing to loose. just take the piece of and look on the back if it looks silvery then yes

·
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
the center console piece is probably a black plastic. plus, you dont want too much chrome anyway. just the other afternoon, the sun shines into my chrome shifter gate and hit my eyes, i was blinded for a couple of seconds and almost cause an accident. j/k :eek:) but yea, that black plastic piece is probably black and not painted.

·
108 Posts
The links and pics are all dead... I dont know what Im missing.

Hey RL_me Can you post some pics again I missed them the 1st time around

·
Registered
448 Posts
i wonder if the same thing can be dowe with the engine cover but i doubt its chrome any one have any ideas?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Did you have to remove it right out of the console to get the paint off or did you do it right there? Just paint remover will do? How do you get it out of the console if that is necessary to do the best job possible?

·
Registered
448 Posts
u must remove it out from the console other wise it gets dangerous, ya any paint remover will do just fine. spray alot of it everywhere on the piece and let it sit for a bit then take towels and remove then wash under water and if u like polish... to remove u must lift off the black piece around the shifter with the tranny gears P R N ... that can be done by prying it from under neath with somethin thin. once thats out just pry up the piece of the shifter assembly the clips are on the front and rear it might be a little hard but slow and carefully u should b able to figure it out

:beerchug:

·
Registered
47 Posts
At first i had a bit of trouble trying to figure out how to pry up the black trim piece without scratching my wood trim. It was really tight against the trim so heres what I did. I took a piece of thin white cotton string and slid it under one end of the trim and pulled up with that. This gave me and edge to grab with my finger nail and the rest was easy. I know it sounds ghetto but it made it alot easier while also totally elmininating the possiblity of scratching something.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts