Acura World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Acuraworld Veteran
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know what exactly you did, and what people think of it, and If I should go ahead and do that.

·
Registered
487 Posts
???

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
All I did was remove the lower portion of the resonator since the wonderful bypass valve on my AEM intake BROKE.

Geez... what is it with me and intakes??? :confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
GoldTypeS said:
All I did was remove the lower portion of the resonator since the wonderful bypass valve on my AEM intake BROKE.

Geez... what is it with me and intakes??? :confused:
Don't feel bad, I purchased the AEM air-bypass valve and after doing some tests decided to leave it in the box.

I'm not suprised, and I don't think it's your fault...

IMO -- That valve is a POS (and I have it right next to me) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Crazy_AcurA said:
how did it break? Did it rip?
I'm not exactly sure. I didn't even notice it. I had my car in for the 30k service and the dealer had some note on my invoice about a crack in the intake pipe. I look at it and there's a gap where the bypass valve was so some nice unfiltered air was entering my engine. :rolleyes: It appears as though the bypass valve cracked or something somehow. It also forced the lower portion of the intake pipe to rub up against a bolt in the frame (like on my last intake) and the upper portion was rubbing into the sound isolation material in the hood. So I ripped the POS off. The good news with the lower portion of the resonator removed is you still get about 60% of the aggressive sound of an intake. It's definitely not AS loud, but it's not as quiet as stock either and there's a noticeable increase when VTEC kicks in. So it's all good. Save yourself a few bucks and just remove the resonator! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts