Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i got bored the other day so i decided to mesh my fog holes. i must say it looks very shitty up close but it's nice far away. you can see the cement i used and behind the bumper is a shitload of duct tape:mad: i might just take out the mesh and leave a hole.
well, here are pics, tell me what you guys think i should do...:

:dunno:

·
Registered
50 Posts
From here it looks tight

I can't tell up close, but it kind of evens off the meshed grille, I like it. Kind of GT style.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im trying to decide if mesh in the center will be too much, it kind of looks like something is missing:dunno: i guess it will grow on me:D

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
850EX said:
Looks decent. You could always put in tubing to use the holes for brake ducts or use it for a custom intake....
hmm, good idea! but i wonder what kind of material i would use:dunno: the airbox resonator is gone so i could put tubing on the bottom of the airbox where the resonator once was.

·
Registered
369 Posts
looking nice....and the idea about the tubing is ingenious...i did it already like a year ago.:D

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
Good job. Looks clean. :bigok:

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks!:cool:

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ohk this is how i did it:

1) Take off the bumper.
2) Use a razor blade to cut out the fog holes. Go slow cuz if you slip you will ruin ur bumper. I found that if you heat the plastic, it will cut much easier and smoother.
3) After you get both peices cut out, cut a peice of mesh to be about an inch or 2 longer than the sides of the holes on each side. Bend the mesh to fit around the holes.
4) Put epoxy or cement or whatever ur using around the edge of the holes and down the sides.
5) Hold it down for a while until the glue starts to stick ( I used duct tape to hold it down).
6) Let it dry and put ur bumper back on:)

good luck!

·
1,163 Posts
razor blade?? hmmm...i tried using that 3inch razor...and yes...i tried my best to heat the dumb plastic with a lighter...hehe... wut kinda razor blade are we talking about? sorry to ask you such a dumb question...but i still need to know...and heat it with what?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[TL]Ridah said:
razor blade?? hmmm...i tried using that 3inch razor...and yes...i tried my best to heat the dumb plastic with a lighter...hehe... wut kinda razor blade are we talking about? sorry to ask you such a dumb question...but i still need to know...and heat it with what?
lol I don't know, just a regular razor blade, it was like an inch long I guess. I used my moms hair dryer to heat up the plastic. I put it on high and only heat up a small section at a time for about 10-15 seconds. The razor sliced right through it:cool: If you want me to take a pic of the razor I can but I don't know exactly what it's called:dunno: :D
wow you tried heating it with a lighter?! Is it melted or what?

·
1,163 Posts
lol

les see what your razor looks like...cuz my razor broke when i tired it...i set my lighter so that the flame will go up to like 4 inches...heated up for like 10 seconds..
then stick my little razor in...then tried taking it back out...then it goes..."pop"... i tried with kitchen knife, but too long...pocket knife might work well...?

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
try an exacto-knife maybe?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
here is a pic of the razor i used. an exacto knife should work as well:D

i only used the edge of the blade and went slowly. when i felt it getting harder to cut, i just heated it up with the hair dryer. i didn't even break 1 blade...

·
1,163 Posts
thats the exact same one i broke...urrggg...i think imma work on it today (monday)...we'll see what happens...hehe...thanks... oh...where do i get cements? or epoxy? thanks

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.