Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the metal pedal owners please post their pedal pics? I don't know which one to get...and maybe shift knob if you got any...

I like plain metal pedals with few holes in em...anybody got any suggeston? THANKS!~

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
I don't like A/M pedal on my TL but if I do get it, I would go with MUGEN.

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
anybody remember what size we need to get? I wanna get a pair but I recall that there were different sizes...small medium large maybe? :dunno:

·
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
edalang and Jl_young...wow...those are some hot pedals...those are the ones I want!!!!

jl_young: how much for the mugens? exactly same as yours...i have a feeling its gonna be high for a pedal...considering its a real MUGEN...from looking at your sig...seems like you got mugen all over you car!!!~

edalang: I've looked at Nokya pedals (auto) for myself in the shop and loved it...it was around 40-50...but wasn't sure if Nokya is a "good" brand...i've never hurd of it before...how much and where?

p.s. if ANYONE knows about pedal size...please post...I don't wanna get something that doesn't fit...(thanks iridium!!~)

and thanks to both of you who posted pictures...now i know where im going towards...hehe

·
Purchased: April 28, 2001
1,440 Posts
[TL]Ridah said:
edalang: I've looked at Nokya pedals (auto) for myself in the shop and loved it...it was around 40-50...but wasn't sure if Nokya is a "good" brand...i've never hurd of it before...how much and where?
Nokya's are like the cheapest pedals around. I got mine for $20 shipped!

http://www.mach3accessories.com/racingpetals.html

Here is a better closeup of them before I had them installed.

Attachments

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts

·
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nice nice nice

$20 shipped? heck...I wnat that... how much was that MUGEN pedals though? if no big diff. i want mugen... :p

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
Re: nice nice nice

[TL]Ridah said:
$20 shipped? heck...I wnat that... how much was that MUGEN pedals though? if no big diff. i want mugen... :p
kingsmotorsports has them for $174.00

·
1,440 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
songoku is right

They were $174 from king motor sports. Very expensive for pedals, but I didn't care. I just wanted them.

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
Re: songoku is right

jl_young said:
They were $174 from king motor sports. Very expensive for pedals, but I didn't care. I just wanted them.
So you bought from Kingsmotrosports??

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yup, bought from king

Took a couple of weeks to ship from Japan. And the instructions are in Japanese but you can kind of figure them out. ( I had help, someone translated)

As for the grip, not a problem. The brake pedal surface is kind of like a space age steel wool, for lack of a better example. It grips anything that it comes in contact with. The gas pedal is just aluminum though, but in slippery weather you should be more concerned about grip on the brake and not the accelerator.

·
1,440 Posts
evolaerok said:
Dang I want metal pedals too, but worried about the rain and snow that will make it slippery to drive with. I know that was one of the compaints of a guy I met with the is300.
Like I said before...if it's just pure aluminum, yes it will be slippery...but mine came with plastic 0-rings that has sharp edges around them that you are suppose to place in the aluminum holes. I ended up putting a drop of super glue on the back of each 0-ring just so they would never fall off. Having the sharp edges around the o-rings makes the grip amazing...problem is you won't be able to drive barefoot any longer since it does hurt the soles of your feet.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.