Acura World banner

miss fire on all cylinders (check engine light on)

28K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Hondacuraplanet 
#1 ·
Hi I'm new to this forum and trying to get some help with my MDX. The check engine light comes on when my fuel level gets below half a tank and its reading missfire on all cylinders. The spark plugs were changed maybe 10k miles ago. Has anybody had this problem before also what is the alternative to OE spark plugs.

#4 ·
Hi Tim, i just join Acura World and i happen to read this thread. This is exactly the same problem i'm having right now. Multiple Cylinder Misfire after a few weeks that i change the spark plugs (using the OEM sparks PZFR5F-11 NGK IRIDIUM SPARKS). The codes that i'm getting are:
P031-Powertrain
Cylinder 1 Misfire Detected

P0302-Powertrain
Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected

P0303-Powertrain
Cylinder 3 Misfire Detected

P0304-Powertrain
Cylinder 4 Misfire Detected

P0305-Powertrain
Cylinder 5 Misfire Detected

P0300-Powertrain
Random Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected

What do i need to do to fix this?
Thank you very much in advance.

#5 ·
From the service documentation:

When troubleshooting misfire DTCs (P0301 thru P0306) with the PGM Tester, look at the freeze data values for the throttle position (TP) sensor and the exhaust gas recirculation valve lift sensor (EGR VLS).

If the EGR VLS value is more than 1.25 volts and the TP sensor value is 0.5 volt (closed throttle), the EGR valve opened when it should have been closed, and it is defective. Replace the EGR valve.

If the TP sensor value is more than 0.5 volt and the vehicle speed sensor (VSS) and RPM values indicate that the DTC was set while the vehicle was moving, write down or print out the EGR VLS value. Then, drive the vehicle at the same VSS and RPM values as shown in the freeze data, and note
the EGR VLS value:

• If the freeze data EGR VLS value is more than 1.25 volts but the EGR VLS value from the test drive is less than 1.25 volts, the EGR valve was stuck open, and it is defective. Replace the EGR valve.

• If the EGR VLS value from the test drive is similar to the EGR VLS value on the freeze data, the EGR valve is OK and isn’t the cause of your misfire DTCs. Look for other possible causes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.