Acura World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok - so it sounds like the EL is a sweeter version of a top-of-the-line Civic, done Acura-style.

What kind of mods do you guys do to it? Does it accept the huge variety of normal Civic mods (intake, headers, exhaust, etc)? I assume Civic bodykits don't fit, since it's differently styled?

How about taking care of it? Are you crazy Zaino fiends like most of us?

And finally, what's the worst riced-out EL you've ever seen?

·
NO MORE DIALYSIS
4,082 Posts
autoxCLS said:
Ok - so it sounds like the EL is a sweeter version of a top-of-the-line Civic, done Acura-style.

What kind of mods do you guys do to it? Does it accept the huge variety of normal Civic mods (intake, headers, exhaust, etc)? I assume Civic bodykits don't fit, since it's differently styled?

How about taking care of it? Are you crazy Zaino fiends like most of us?

And finally, what's the worst riced-out EL you've ever seen?

Most engine and exhaust system mods for a Civic should work on the EL. Yes, the bodykits and physical appearance mods are less compatible. I'm by no means an expert on mods, as my EL is bone stock (which doesn't really mesh with my username, does it? :D), with just 35% tint (because the black leather interior in the summer will kill me!), and currently running with winter tires on steel rims until the winter is over (I love my car too much to have it slide around in the snow and have it kiss somebody else's metal...see below about how much we love our cars), then I'll switch back to my stock all-seasons and alloys.

I haven't seen any riced out 2nd generation EL's yet (although I'm sure they exist), just the rare one with a lowered suspension. Plus the 2nd genration is relatively new, so the rice accessories havenb't had much time to become available. :D I see far more riced 1st generation EL's, cut springs, LED washer nozzles, huge spoilers and wings, altered front grilles, etc... Ricing an EL looks more wrong than ricing a Civic because it is a "classier" looking car to begin with.

And yes, we EL owners love our cars. Basically, we all could have bought Civics instead, but we all wanted something just a notch above it, so we chose the EL. For paying just that extra premium for the EL, damn right I take care of it!

James (not really a RiceBoy!)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Oh, about the worst riced-out EL. There's a 1.6EL in Vancouver that has the body all mod-out to look like a Lancer EVO. Wish I can remember the link.

My car is still pretty much stock except for stereo (MP3CD deck), front strut brace, tint, and some odds and ends.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's somebody else's photos. I believe it's a modified Civic kit.

·
Registered
407 Posts
If you check out the latest issue of Honda Tuning Magazine there is an article on a RSX & a Civic SI done with DC sports products. It's a good article to see how are motor would look with some mods on it. The gains were only 5hp which would give us 132hp, not too much power added but it would probably sound sick!! Check there web site for the article.

:thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts