·
Premium Member
13,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DC Sport Headers
HKS Dragger Exhaust
apex VAFC
comptech lowering springs

Any of those work? They're predominantly for the 2.2/2.3 CL, but I figure the 1.6 is a derivative of those plants?

·
NO MORE DIALYSIS
4,088 Posts
I'm not very well versed in the mod scene, but I think that basically any (non-cosmetic) mods available for the Civic EX models would work on the EL as they use the same powerplant and relatively the same suspension. I think the EL may be a bit stiffer, but it still has the front stut, rear wishbone setup as the Civics.

·
Registered
414 Posts
The power plant on the EL is 1.7 vtec, and the Civic is a reg1.7. Are motor is the same as the si civic

·
Registered
414 Posts
RiceBoy said:
I'm not very well versed in the mod scene, but I think that basically any (non-cosmetic) mods available for the Civic EX models would work on the EL as they use the same powerplant and relatively the same suspension. I think the EL may be a bit stiffer, but it still has the front stut, rear wishbone setup as the Civics.
I get it your refering to the American version of civic!

·
NO MORE DIALYSIS
4,088 Posts
EL_STYLE said:

I get it your refering to the American version of civic!
Yes I am. The trim levels are just too damn convoluted between countries, and since the prevailing members here are from the U.S., I thought I'd use the U.S. trim levels. Besides, we don't have EX Civics in Canada (post-2000 models) and the Si Civic in the U.S. is going to be the SiR in Canada. And now there are rumors the Civic Type R available overseas may be brought over in 2004 as the SiR in the U.S. For Canada, will we even get it, and if so, will they call it the Type R since SiR will already be taken, or will it be something else?

See what I mean with all this confusion????? :confused: :D

·
Registered
414 Posts
:scratch: I hear ya confusing! I hope they make a type S EL with a 2.0L, that would rip!!

·
NO MORE DIALYSIS
4,088 Posts
I wish they would, yet I also wish they won't. It would mean I have to get rid of my barely 6 month old car to get the Type-S version, and I am not in the financial position to do that! :bash:

But honestly, since the car is only available in Canada, I highly doubt we'll see a "factory" 2.0 EL Type-S...though I don't see why the RSX engine wouldn't fit in the EL, since they are both built on the same (Civic) platform...

Someone say "engine swap"???? :D

·
Registered
414 Posts
As soon as I pay mine off then mabey a engine swap, that would be so sick:yes: :boobies: :jerkoff: :party:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi! I'm new to the forums.

I was reading the posts and it's interesting that everyone that ones an EL would like a little bit more to really set it apart from the rest. I don't have a the 1.7 but the 1.6 and the cars are based on the Civic EX model USDM. So any mods to the engine and I guess body kits (1.7EL) will be similar to the Civic EX USDM.

As for the swaping engines I'm all for that! I wish I could get the RSX in my engine bay but I have to settle for the last generation integra type-R. By the way how do you get those small pics on yer profile. I like the skeletor one. :D

·
Premium Member
13,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 11 of 11 Posts