Acura World banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I saw a post of someone who watches DVD's on their NAV Screen. How can I set this up to do the same? My wife would love me for this! Also, what if I wanted a back seat screen for my kid to watch her disney stuff? Is that hard to install (I'm handy with a screw driver), and would it be very expensive?

Thanks

·
Registered
500 Posts
You need a composite to RGB converter, a lot of time, and a good amount of patience. Oh, and you need a portable DVD player. But, its not easy, there is a lot of wire splicing involved. Right now, people are looking for a suitable replacement for the AVC-RGB1 converter that Pioneer made but has been discontinued.

·
Jack This
2,318 Posts
It's a little bit more involved than just using a screw driver. Use the search button to find out more about the NAVI/DVD mod. IF they are not here, the instructions should be on www.acura-tl.com or www.acura-cl.com.

It can become costly (ie multiple thousands) to install a decent setup, IMO. But you can get away with the NAVI/DVD mod for probably under $1k. It really depends on the equipment you purchase and how much of the work you can really do yourself.

Use the power of the forum search, you will find your answers.

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.