Acura World banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Rice Admirer
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have this or can enlighten me on the details of the install... how do you use the search function (ext. remote).. how does it come into the stock radio... etc.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
my99tl:
Uhmm...think you need to be more descriptive there pardner. Just a hard drive alone with mp3's on it won't do ya any good :).

Austin519

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
my99tl:
Nope...it's not at all. Why? Because you could be talking about a standalone unit the likes of which you linked to...or an actual computer like the one I have. You also could be talking about hooking up the stock stereo (assuming for some reason you want to keep it) to a line out converter, then hooking that up to aftermarket amps to power speakers with a switch to feed in the mp3 player, or you could be talking about an fm modulator, or you could be talking about hard soldering it.

As for the unit you're looking at...most are similar to CD changers...small monochrome green LCD screen you install somewhere that shows the track and title and a remote that you use to control it.

Austin519

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.