Acura World banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you experienced this problem? Also, what is the fix from the dealer? Do they just repaint them? Anyone have a copy of the TSB itself? Thanks.

·
Registered
955 Posts
johnnyb_s said:
Have any of you experienced this problem? Also, what is the fix from the dealer? Do they just repaint them? Anyone have a copy of the TSB itself? Thanks.
I'm starting to notice it too, although it isn't really flaking off all over the place--just a few small spots here and there...

·
Registered
615 Posts
i would imagine them just repainting the cans instead of replacing them...this was more of a problem on the 6th gen accords. mine seem to be holding up ok right now...my then 2000 accord did not. i didn't bother with that though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had the exact same problem on my 99 TL. The dealer said it is a known problem. They repaint them with high-temp paint (apparently, the original paint will eventually flake off). It takes all day to dry, so they gave me a loaner and I came back the next day. It's looking good now, been almost a year, and still looks perfect.

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
hondacuraworld said:
I'd be glad to post the bulletin, but I can't post a .pdf :confused:
Fixed. ;)

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
mahman said:
Does anyone know if the dealer has to remove the mufflers in order to repaint them?
They better take them out before paint them. Otherwise, there's overspay whole underneath the car!! :nono: :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.