Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Throtex said:
How the heck? I thought that thing had two pegs to secure it on... damn, that sucks... wait, so did they damage the trunk? Stupid punks!! :mad: :mad:
Luckily there was no damage to the trunk. I'm not sure how they removed it but however they did it, it was quick and clean!! I just have a feeling the days of my Type-S logo are numbered!! :mad:

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
rmarin2 said:

Luckily there was no damage to the trunk. I'm not sure how they removed it but however they did it, it was quick and clean!! I just have a feeling the days of my Type-S logo are numbered!! :mad:
well it's actually so damn easy to take those thing off. they are just attached to the car using double sided tape. trust me on a very hot day and a credit card or a dental floss, you can fairly easily take out those emblems in mins.

of course most of the time when people steal your emblem they won't use those, they would use key or flat head screwdrive.......

either case it's lucky that they didn't scratch your car. i believe a new emblem goes for around 15 bucks

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Throtex said:
On this note, how easy is it to remove the front emblem? It looks like it's separated from the rest of the grille and can be pulled out on its own.
the FRONT? now that's a tough one. i am not even sure if it's taped on or bolted on, though most likely it's bolted. i don't have any idea though

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
rominl said:

well it's actually so damn easy to take those thing off. they are just attached to the car using double sided tape. trust me on a very hot day and a credit card or a dental floss, you can fairly easily take out those emblems in mins.

of course most of the time when people steal your emblem they won't use those, they would use key or flat head screwdrive.......

either case it's lucky that they didn't scratch your car. i believe a new emblem goes for around 15 bucks
Are you sure? I thought the "A" logo had 2 screws behind and everything else uses double sided tape.

The reason I know is because I've heard people say that the "A" logo is held on with the screws. Oh and I saw an accord today with a debadged trunk. As I look closer I saw 2 holes where the "H" used to be so it is held on by the 2 screws.

·
Registered
896 Posts
i know how that feels when mine got stolen i was so pissed and my car looked so ugly with out one so i went to the dealership that day and got a new one for 20 bucks. man for 20 bucks kids would steal signs for fun, man what has the world come to.

·
Jack This
2,318 Posts
Aren't they rivet like? not screws, nor tape. usually takes quite a bit of pressure to pop them off. often kids use a screw driver and totall mess your trunk up. [email protected]@rds!!

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
front emblems have the screws, the back ones have the tape.

front emblem :

Attachments

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
i don't know about the front but for the rear there are two holes holding the A emblem. if you take it out you will have to shave the trunk. that's why a lot of people debadge their cars except the A

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
oh, those badges were off a 1st Gen CL so I dunno if its the same for the TLs...

·
Purchased: April 28, 2001
1,440 Posts
rominl said:
i don't know about the front but for the rear there are two holes holding the A emblem. if you take it out you will have to shave the trunk. that's why a lot of people debadge their cars except the A

:wavey:

Attachments

·
OTS2UPT
426 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss dude!

Now WHO was it that wanted gun control laws?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.