Acura World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Acura RSX type S
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I daily drive a 2005 Acura RSX type S that has a few minor upgrades a INJEN cold air intake, Header with deleted cat, afermarket engine mounts the clutch was replaced just over a year ago with maybe 15,000 miles on the new clutch. Recently a co-worker has asked if he can borrow my car for this coming weekend for an Autocross event. He wants to use my car for the Autocross and a couple of his friends will be driving it as well. I have known him for a long time and I have let him borrow my car during work frequently. I have rode in the car while he has driven it several times for lunch breaks and a couple work events that we had to travel to. He is an excellent driver I would let him use my car anytime. I do not know much about autocross but from what he explained it is basically a road course set up with cones in a large parking lot. He said it is a wide open space and there is nothing that the car could accidentally crash into. The course is set up so he can improve his road course skills as he puts the car through its paces. He is not racing another vehicle. He is just racing against his own best time. I am comfortable letting him use my car for the event as well as a couple of his friends who are going along with him. He say's my car is ideal for this Autocross because of the engine and transmission my rsx Type S is paired with. I mentioned this to another friend who advised me against it because my engine could be easily damaged but could not explain how or what could break. Can someone please advise me on this. I love my car I have no issues or problems with it. I already told him that he and his friends could use my car for the Autocross which is being held locally here in my town.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts