Acura World banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had to get towed 130 miles to springfield. i apparently need a new alternator. i was stuck in the middle of nowhere, but the tow truck guy wasn't scary and that was good.

have any of you other guys had problems like this?

·
What are you looking at?
489 Posts
Damn, that sucks. I have had no problems with my car except a broken window regulator. I need to put a cap or two in my system just to lighten the load on my alternator. I usually play my music loud.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i have had the same thing happen to me. well i wasent really 130miles out of the way. probably more like 10 but i ahd to get towed to the dealer because my alternator went out also. sucks but at leats its covered.

Also I think ym window regulator is going out now. Is that covered under tyhe extended warranty? :confused:

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
that sucks...you can replace that yourself if you have some knowledge of electricity and know a little about cars...:D did it all of a sudden go out or what? did your battery ever die on you? that is really weird...how much is it going to cost to fix? my friend put in a new alternator in his truck...it only cost him 35 bucks...;) :)

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
StylinAccord said:
that sucks...you can replace that yourself if you have some knowledge of electricity and know a little about cars...:D did it all of a sudden go out or what? did your battery ever die on you? that is really weird...how much is it going to cost to fix? my friend put in a new alternator in his truck...it only cost him 35 bucks...;) :)
it was covered under my extended warranty, but the tow was $70.

it didn't die all of the sudden, there were indicators it was going to happen 2 days before it died. also, it did something similar a year ago, and the dealership just did something to the wires to fix it. also, it did not kill my battery.

when i was driving down the interstate my tach and spedometer needles just started dipping and going up and down and my ABS light came on. i pulled over and called AAA, the shop i was going to tow it to, my mom, and my boyfriend. my boyfriend asked me to start the car again and i was unable to. all the lights in the dash started flashing and it was making this ticking noise instead of starting. so yeah, that's what happened.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
raia_CL said:

it was covered under my extended warranty, but the tow was $70.

it didn't die all of the sudden, there were indicators it was going to happen 2 days before it died. also, it did something similar a year ago, and the dealership just did something to the wires to fix it. also, it did not kill my battery.

when i was driving down the interstate my tach and spedometer needles just started dipping and going up and down and my ABS light came on. i pulled over and called AAA, the shop i was going to tow it to, my mom, and my boyfriend. my boyfriend asked me to start the car again and i was unable to. all the lights in the dash started flashing and it was making this ticking noise instead of starting. so yeah, that's what happened.
wow...that sucks...70 bucks for towing! atleast it was covered under the warranty...:)

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
yeah thats not that bad...it could of been A LOT more!

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
raia_CL said:

that's because i have AAA plus. first 100 miles were free, after that it was $2.50 per mile.
Couldn't you just get them to take it 100 miles and drop it off, then call em again a couple hours later and tell em that it broke down again? ;)

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Driven said:

Couldn't you just get them to take it 100 miles and drop it off, then call em again a couple hours later and tell em that it broke down again? ;)
no, there's only a certain amount of times it's free like that, i wouldn't want to waste it on something stupid. knowing my car, i'll probably need the tow again.

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
I dunno what it is with 1st gen CLs but my 97 CL did that to me - TWICE!!! And my window regulator died too... Hmm.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
autoxCLS said:
I dunno what it is with 1st gen CLs but my 97 CL did that to me - TWICE!!! And my window regulator died too... Hmm.
my window regulator hasn't died yet. yet being operative. i've heard from a few people that honda alternators just suck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.