Acura World banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
obviously it's not suppose to, my car does that too. i think something might be wrong with the wiring or something. i know a few other people have experienced the same problem. i find it really funny cause people who don't know my car gets freaked out. :D

·
Premium Member
14,009 Posts
Bawlin_on_18s said:
for people who use factory alarm: when you lock your door..without using your key, does your lock locks and unlocks about 3-4 times by itself sometimes?
I had the same problem on my 97 3.0 CL. Took it to the dealer, and they replaced some solonoid for the power locks and it fixed it. It was under factory warranty at the time, so I don't know how expensive it was.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
damn 96TL, i think you're the one with the f*cked up TL! :D jk

hey, do you ever lock your door by pushing down on the chrome tab? when you do that, it locks all 3 doors except the driver door, right? and in order to lock the driver door, you have to pull out the handle while pushing in that big knob next to the handle, right? thats what i do when i dont lock my car using my key and it does that lock and unlock thing by itself. it does the same thing even when i use my key. i dont think ill bring it into the dealer because its not really a big prob. i just want to see if its just my car thats trippin :(

·
Registered
16,811 Posts
If you do that, hold the door latch open and lock the driver's side door, you've just programmed the car to stay locked until either a key unlocks it from the outside, or you do the opposite and hold the latch open while you unlock the drivers door. If you dont do either of those two things, then you can try and unlock any door in the car and it will just lock itself again right away. nothing wrong there, just a security feature. (one that locked me out of my car at Best Buy while it was running and double parked..... thats how I figured it out.:cry: )

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.