Acura World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With 2,300 miles since 12/8/04, I now find that the locking sensor on the driver's side door handle will not respond, with either fob. I can, however, lock the car from the passenger side door's sensor. I can also unlock either door. Just the "locking" sensor of the driver's side door doesn't respond.

From what I read in another post, is replacing the door handle the only work around? If so, is there still a national backorder on handles?

·
Registered
76 Posts
PRNole47 said:
With 2,300 miles since 12/8/04, I now find that the locking sensor on the driver's side door handle will not respond, with either fob. I can, however, lock the car from the passenger side door's sensor. I can also unlock either door. Just the "locking" sensor of the driver's side door doesn't respond.

From what I read in another post, is replacing the door handle the only work around? If so, is there still a national backorder on handles?

Must still be on back order. still waiting. However mine started working again after pulling the #5 fuse to reset the Acuralink/messages situation.

In the meantime try placing your palm on the door handle and see if that works.. It did for me.

Good Luck,

BL

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried fuse #5 as you suggested, as well as #20 - Lock. Neither did the trick.

I have also repeatedly tried opening the door, closing it, and then touching the sensor bubble while holding the fob close to the handle, as another poster tried (and claims to have worked for him). I have followed this by placing just about every exposed part of my body against the sensor bubble, including the palm and back of my hand, all to no avail. After a while it all seems so random, including the individual solutions others seem to have tried.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, just as I have read in other posts, my sensor bubble is now working. Just like that. I did run the car thru a carwash on Thurs nite, and I discovered the problem on Fri, sometime in the early p.m. It may well be related to moisture on the sensor or circuit inside the door panel (though the passenger side sensor worked fine, and it got the exact same amount of water as did the driver's side door).

Well....I'll still call the dealer tomorrow and talk to them.

·
Registered
76 Posts
PRNole47 said:
Well, just as I have read in other posts, my sensor bubble is now working. Just like that. I did run the car thru a carwash on Thurs nite, and I discovered the problem on Fri, sometime in the early p.m. It may well be related to moisture on the sensor or circuit inside the door panel (though the passenger side sensor worked fine, and it got the exact same amount of water as did the driver's side door).

Well....I'll still call the dealer tomorrow and talk to them.
Coincidently I was going to ask you if you had the car thru a car wash. I also had mine thru the car wash and lost total sensor reaction the next day. Odd that it was only the driver's door also.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My sensor did not work after I took my RL to a self-service car wash. I took it into the dealership and they ordered a new handle, but after two days, it started working again. Since it's working fine now, I'd rather not have them take my door apart in order to install a new handle.

Normally, I take my RL to a full-service car wash that washes the car by hand and I never have any problems when I go there.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also used a self-service car wash. The handwash service sounds like a solution except that, other than the dealer, there's no one in my area that washes vehicles by hand. Those that detail them (hand wax, upholstery cleaning, etc.) are tied in to the carwashes that do the washes automatically first, in those daisychains that run the cars thru all the brushes and hanging rags.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts