Acura World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all-

New here, posting a question for my dad. He recently purchased a 2005 TL with 25k miles on it. Ever since it started getting cold, he's noticed some sort of a "glitch" in the heat controls. I checked it out and here's what I found:

The heat will blow out full hot until you turn the temp all the way down to 58. Then the air cools SLIGHTLY, but not much. Anything above 58 all the way to max is 100% hot. This occurs on both auto and non-auto mode. When you hit LO, full cold comes out the vents. Air flow direction doesn't effect the condition. I know the A/C works fine, and blows cold, but the heat doesn't really have a middle ground setting. It's either all or nothing. Is there something going on or is that normal? I did a search but only found someone with the opposite problem, they had no heat until they hit the HI setting.

Thanks in advance!

·
Moderatus Emeriti
22,190 Posts
Sorry your dad's having the problem - my first suggestion is to post this in the "Ask The Dealer" Thread - you'll find it off the forums index.

Tim is the Moderator there and he works for an Acura dealership and I'm sure he can give some clues or suggestions. Time works Monday through Friday, so he probably won't be reading the postings until Monday but I'm sure he'll have some idea as to what could be causing the problem.

:beerchug: and good luck!

John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts