Acura World banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Instead of the plain X pattern, how about this round pattern?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are made by Floia Tec. They are aluminum so won't rust. They only come in that plain metal color though, but paintable. Not a probelm for me. I think it looks better just like that unpainted on my NBP.

·
1,163 Posts
questiub

aiite...looks reallu good...i can't typoe too goo drigjt now becaise i totoallu lost my righjt index finger by accident...(well, almost) it was bleedimf lke crazy though, anyways,... i did the druer then used a kniufe to cut the bottom fog lighjt hole, and the knife just closed up on me... jamming my finger between blade and handle...it hapopejmed 1 hour ago...my real questiuoun is...WHAT exactly did you put behind that gitter guard? thansk

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ouch! Are you alright? I think you might feel even more "painful" once you know what I did...:bash:

I just make a template of what can fill up my fog holes, cut the foil to size, then just crazy glue/silicon it to the backing. I didn't cut the fog plastic out. Just leave it back there. Then I used some touch up paint to trim up the perimeter. You can see some glue/silicon on the close up pic.

Whole thing takes about an hour or something to complete. Didn't take off bumper, didn't razor blade cut...or anything.
:boink:

·
Registered
369 Posts
thats clean bro! I want some of that stuff! where can i get it from?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Re: questiub

[TL]Ridah said:
aiite...looks reallu good...i can't typoe too goo drigjt now becaise i totoallu lost my righjt index finger by accident...(well, almost) it was bleedimf lke crazy though, anyways,... i did the druer then used a kniufe to cut the bottom fog lighjt hole, and the knife just closed up on me... jamming my finger between blade and handle...it hapopejmed 1 hour ago...my real questiuoun is...WHAT exactly did you put behind that gitter guard? thansk
holy shit dude i hope ur ok:eek: did you have to get sewed up? pics?

·
Registered
433 Posts
where you get the mesh can you tell me? did you get at home depot? or something?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
That shit looks good. Hey can you pick me up some of that mesh and bring it to the meet for me if it's not too expensive?? Hell, maybe you can help me put it in at the meet too.:D But I want to mesh the whole bottom part too (part between the fog holes).

·
1,163 Posts
yea...i hope my nails don't fall off...(my mom thinks it might)...anyways...im still waitin for this compound to dry...takes 2-3 days...then i would need to sand it down...i highly doubt it'll turn out lki the way i wanted to...but it has begun...to i'll finish it... though...i think ur idea is whole lot beter than cutting plastic fog holes...just in case you need to sell your car...in the future...which i did not think about AT ALL...(pretty pissed at myself)... i would dfeiently go with putting over the plastic fog hole instead cutting...the thing is that...i thought this compound will dry within like 5 minutes....well....my dad comes out...he goes...what are you doing? it'll take at least 2 days... im like...uh....... haha...and he seems to be right... not that im realy stupid (part of it) its just that...cutting the fog plastic can be dangerous...blowing dryin git over time heats the plastic and its HOT HOT HOT...yes the plastic...so be careful with that...gtg

·
1,163 Posts
its just a little cut...through my finger and nail...i used BUnCHA oinment (melaleuca?) stuff...works great..closed up on me within 30 minutes...so no bleeding anymore...just pain...:(

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BlackShadow said:
That shit looks good. Hey can you pick me up some of that mesh and bring it to the meet for me if it's not too expensive?? Hell, maybe you can help me put it in at the meet too.:D But I want to mesh the whole bottom part too (part between the fog holes).
I bought them for (I think) 75$CAN for a pack of two foils. One foil will fit the grille, but not the front bumper. You need two foils and sort of "extend" it. If you want I can bring it to the meet. I accept US currency :D I'm also debating whether to do the front bumper or not, and if I do it, should I do it in front of the plastic lining, or behind? :dunno:

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Tatewaki said:

I bought them for (I think) 75$CAN for a pack of two foils. One foil will fit the grille, but not the front bumper. You need two foils and sort of "extend" it. If you want I can bring it to the meet. I accept US currency :D I'm also debating whether to do the front bumper or not, and if I do it, should I do it in front of the plastic lining, or behind? :dunno:
I don't think I am going to do it yet. But thanks for the offer.:D

BTW, you should do the front bumper like you did the fog holes.:sqnteek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.