Acura World banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
hold on lemme look up your IP addy and ban you.

·
That is all.....
5,936 Posts
it's torque steer btw, not steer torque. Oh and you spelled league wrong...:eek: Why would I flame? I've driven both and I know the BMW can handle, but too many on here value is more important than just handling. I do want a bmw and I know you know that, but I also have bills too pay on the side. Like for instance a morgage payment.;)

·
Registered
16,140 Posts
You were right when you said "im no english major" and more importantly, when you said "im a moron". :D
I was 2 days from picking up a 330i I had waited almost 3 months for, so I know how BMW NA works. Heck, I still get Christmas cards from them.
The advantages you mentioned the 330Ci has over the TLS/CLS should be pretty much obvious to everyone. Those that disagree, well :rolleyes: .
I just hope this new 1 series will not ruin BMW. :( Are they still going to offer the same service to everyone that buys that <$20K car?

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
damn, why is everyone busting on jesel's english. hahaha. I was gonna do the same but looks like everyone else has made enough comments.

Going back to his review-whatever he said is 100% true. The Acura TL-S is a nice car and i think it's target group is slightly different IMHO. The TLS is more for the value conscious people and don't get me wrong, I love the car even with it's fwd configuration. It offers a lot for the money and the design is quiet nice. The BMW offers more performance for the additional $$.

It's kind of strange that a lot of people buy the bmw for prestige (for gods sake it's a 3 series, you don't earn anyone's respect with a lowly 3 series). Then they wonder why their suspension is stiff and rides harsher unlike the lexus/acura. They should have never gotten that car.

When buying a car, one first must look at what is their budget and determine what is the best car for money/what they are looking for/performance etc. Like Evolaerok said he has bills to pay and the TLS was the perfect fit for him. Jesel wanted upgraded performance so he got the 330ci.

simtypeS, service is questionable from dealer to dealer. I think you just got lucky with the dealer. Trust me when it comes to service bmw people bitch more than anyone cuz we got some morons working at the dealers. They will argue with options and say it's not available etc then after proving to them they will say it was not available at the time they ordered the car. I have been through all kinds of ordeal, so i know. The best service is Lexus, hands down.

my 2cents
raja

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
BMW is nice for those who want a sport car, but it does cost $.

TLS and CLS is for those who want the best bang for their buck.

I can compare myself to a TLS/CLS driver right now since I own a Z06. I would consider a Lotus V8 TT or Viper as a BMW and my little corvette as the TLS/CLS. Best bang for your buck, but there are always drawbacks from spending a little less. :(

Also, Jizzball, you better swap out the tires on that car before winter. The new BMWs come w/ Michelin Pilot Sports direct from the factory.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
nice write up...and who cares about the grammar and misspelling you aint writing a paper for english class...

ive never really pushed a bimmer but i have driven one and they are really nice and drive awesome..

I was looking at both the 330 and TLS when i was in the market and the biggest problem for me was the 10K difference so I went with the TLS..im not a big performance driver so thas why the TLS was the right choice for me considering i didnt have the extra $$$ to get the 330...

anywas i dont know why ppl compare the TLS to the 330...there both in diff. leagues...330 is a performance car while the TLS is a entry level luxury sedan..anywas i love my TLS but if i had the extra $$$ i might be on the bimmer boat as well...

o and the NAVI on the BMW doesnt even come close to the nice lil interface of the acura's navi...takes a damn hr to program a route on the bimmer navi...

·
Registered
14,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
whoa i just read my review... and im such a moron. :D That was soo much babble in there that its sick.

Dont get me wrong, i LOVED the TLS, but it just wasnt what i really wanted. I still praise the TLS anytime someone asks... its not like i say get a BMW. ;)

·
That is all.....
5,936 Posts
I agree with you a 100% on your orginal reply, but you dissed Fwd all together and not just on the TL-s. Jesal, I wanna make a bet that a Integra Type R will both out accelerate and out handle you in the slalom... Wanna go?

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Escamar said:
nice write up...and who cares about the grammar and misspelling you aint writing a paper for english class...

ive never really pushed a bimmer but i have driven one and they are really nice and drive awesome..

I was looking at both the 330 and TLS when i was in the market and the biggest problem for me was the 10K difference so I went with the TLS..im not a big performance driver so thas why the TLS was the right choice for me considering i didnt have the extra $$$ to get the 330...

anywas i dont know why ppl compare the TLS to the 330...there both in diff. leagues...330 is a performance car while the TLS is a entry level luxury sedan..anywas i love my TLS but if i had the extra $$$ i might be on the bimmer boat as well...

o and the NAVI on the BMW doesnt even come close to the nice lil interface of the acura's navi...takes a damn hr to program a route on the bimmer navi...
i don't know about the navi. i think the bmw navi. is perfectly fine and have no issues. However, i tried using the acura one and that thing is hella confusing. Even u couldn't find the rest. the other day on ur car. hahhahah. whaz up with that????
i would like to see how it's different for 03 with dvd based navi. my friend is getting it, so would like to see it.

LIL raja

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.