1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
nice ride, son! why'd you get rid of the h&rs and get the comptechs?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Iridium130 said:
nice ride, son! why'd you get rid of the h&rs and get the comptechs?
Thank you sir!

I went first with H&R OE springs because that was the one with least amount of drops. From my experience with previous cars, slammed cars are hard to drive. That's why the subtle drop promised by the H&R OE springs was ideal for me. After installing H&R, I noticed two things.

1.The rear dropped more than the front. This was hecka annoying. The rear dropped more due to the fact that the springs were designed for Accords which are a lot lighter than TL. Therefore, the rear was sagging.

2.The right side of the car and the left side dropped unevenly when looking at the car from the front. This is normal with H&R springs because they don't specify the sides to be installed on the car.

I replaced the H&R OE with Comptechs to solve the above-mentioned shortcomings of H&R OE springs. Comptechs specifically designed the springs for TL: the springs
do not sag. Also, each Comptech spring has its own respective location to be installed (i.e. front right, front left, rear right and rear left), thus solving the uneven side-to-side drop problem.

There is one thing that many people complain about Comptech springs though is that it is designed so that the car, when looking at it from the side, rakes forward. Per Comptech, they designed it this way due to the fact that you put “stuff” in the trunk.

Personally, I like the slight raked look. After installing Comptechs, I am very glad I switched. H&R OE springs' problems, although side to side uneveness was minor and dismissable, the rearward raking was not. It is very noticeable. From the side, your car looks like you have a lot of groceries in the trunk. That looks funky. Look on the bright side tho, you will clear almost all bumps, slopes, dips, etc.

Hope this answered your question.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.