Acura World banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, as most of you know, I got my trunk keyed a few months ago, and I had it re-painted, bla bla bla......anyhow, they had to take out the rear window to do a coplete job. Ever since they put it back in, the S.O.B. has rattled like crazy!!! Anyhow, I took it back to the auotbody shop and they fixed the rattle....FOR LIKE A DAY....then it came back and I took it to the dealer and they fixed it. Then like three days later it came back and has been worse than ever!!! It was finally nice enough around here to wash my car yesterday and the RATTLE'S GONE?!?! I'm very confused at why in the world it would be gone now. I thought I was just losing my mind but, the gf ettested to my sanity. Do you think the moisture from washing the car lubed up the seal around the window?! I'm so lost. I guess I'll wait a few days to see if it returns. Anyhow.....VERY frustrating. I'm going to put a thin strip of velcro between the window and the third brake lite to see if that helps too.

:dunno:

·
Registered
14,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
FUCK!!!!! Now it's back!!!!! Are you kidding me?!?!? I'm going to try the velcro this weekend. It's worked in the past, but this is just rediculous. UGH.:mad:

·
Registered
14,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well....I'm taking my car in on thursday nite to get this taken care of. They had to order a brand new rear windown seal and are going to do a full replacement. Hope this solves my problems. :mad:

(they're also going to replace my rear fender-well trim, that was not replaced during re-paint.)

·
baby polar bear
1,755 Posts
mffdvr said:
Well....I'm taking my car in on thursday nite to get this taken care of. They had to order a brand new rear windown seal and are going to do a full replacement. Hope this solves my problems. :mad:

(they're also going to replace my rear fender-well trim, that was not replaced during re-paint.)
good to hear they are resolving your issues

·
Registered
14,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATE!!!

Acura wouldn't do the work, 'cause it's been worked on by an outsider....anyhow....now I've got to take it BACK to the autobody shop for the FOURTH fucking time. Someone is feeding me a bunch of shit, and I'm absolutely up to my fucking ears with everyone in the god-damn auto industy in the greater Seattle industry!!!!! FUCK!!!!!!!!:mad:

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
have you tried calling Acura North America?

·
Registered
14,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Iridium130 said:
have you tried calling Acura North America?
Nope. I mean....I understand that the window has been out, and under warrenty they can refuse, but I was just looking forward to getting it fixed and OBVIOUSLY the auto body shop is a bunch of incompetant fuck-nuts. What to do now?! They did not do a good job on any part of what they were hired to do, which was repaint my truck after a keying. Whoever did this to me, is going to have hell to pay if I ever find them. :mad:

·
Registered
14,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ANOTHER UPDATE....

Well....I took it BACK to the original autobody shop (for the fourth time) and had a look with the lead. He noticed right up by the third brake light that the rear shelf is at a ever-so-slight slant. Kinda like the (if your at the trunk looking in) right speaker is sagging by maybe 3 or 4 millimeters. I would have never noticed, but if you look at the black part above the seal on the window, it looks as if the edge of the trey is punched thru and you can see a straight line of grey, were the trey rests and ultimately RATTLES against the window. SO.....I'm taking it back next Wednesday and Thursday for him and his window "henchmen" to fix. ALSO....he's going to buff out a brand new scratch I got while I was takign a ferry over to the islands last weekend. Some old ladies bish must've rubbed up against it on her way up to the deck of the boat. :mad: Oh well......hopefully everythign will be taken care of by the end of next week. :(

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Jeez - just another reason to get work done by an acura-friendly shop, eh?

Hope all works out for you bro. Have you tried the speaker carpet between the ledge and the rear deck trick?

·
Registered
14,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
autoxCLS said:
Jeez - just another reason to get work done by an acura-friendly shop, eh?

Hope all works out for you bro. Have you tried the speaker carpet between the ledge and the rear deck trick?
No I haven't. I tried the soft side of velcro, but it was too thin and didn't stay between the window and the lamp housing. So...I settled to listen to the rattle all the way down the Oregon Coast. Ugh.....what a pain in my ass. :rolleyes: :( Oh well....I'm getting it fixed tomorrow nite.

·
Registered
14,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update....

Got the car back last nite....rattleless and they took out about 85% of the scratch. I'm happy, for the time being, just a little worried that it'll be back with avengance. :paronoid:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.