Acura World banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2011 MDX with a nav system which had been functioning fine. I took the car into dealer for service and alignment. On drive home I wanted to make a wireless handsfree call. I went to the speed dial screen and asterisks (*) now replaced all of my phone numbers. The system requested a PIN for the first time. I took car back to dealer and they tried to work it out but couldn’t then told me to just use a PIN from here on out. This means entering a PIN every time I needed to make a phone call, check address book, etc. They programmed in a PIN. Still had problem with (*)’s. Took it back. They changed out the voice recognition module. Still had problem. The contacted Acura and were told to do a hard reboot which caused me to lose everything off my hard drive. Before I left I had them verify it worked. It didn’t. Brought car back again, they called Acura again. Dealer asked me what type of cell phone I had and the version of the OS. It’s an iPhone 5, OS 7.1.1. Dealer called me back and told me the problem was with my phone. They stated that the nav system is fine but it would not support an iPhone 5 with any upgrades to the OS higher than a 6.0. They also told me they paired several other phones with the nav system and everything worked fine and that it was a firmware problem.

Huh? How could a 2011 not pair with an iPhone 5 properly? It doesn’t make sense to me. I found no TSB's. Any information on this subject? Is the firmware in the nav system able to be updated by the dealer? Note: everything worked fine until I took vehicle in for service. Additionally, as I drove away from the dealer today, I did not acknowledge the warning that shows up on the nav system display before it becomes operable or will display a nav map. About five miles down the road, the nav map suddenly popped up on my screen. To the best of my knowledge this should not have happened.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts