Acura World banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2003 TL S w/o NAV. I am now very sorry I didn't go with the NAV option. I was told that it doesn't pay to have the factory installed anymore. Can anyone recommend a good NAV comparable to the factory installed version?

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Get an Alpine one.. that is the kind that the Acura one is..

any OEM licensed product is usually 2 revs behind the original maker's.. meaning that the real Alpine one will be more advanced than the Acura one is.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. The only alpine system I can find is the NVE-N852A which retails at crutchfield for $1999 (just for the GPS unit, not the screen). I have 2 questions:

1. Is there anywhere I can pick it up for less?
2. Could I tap into the audio system the same way the factory does?

·
Jack This
2,318 Posts
There are other NAV systems too.

Pioneer => Voice Recognition (similar to the next gen Acura/Honda Navi)

Kenwood => Touchscreen capable

Blaupunkt => different style, just directions, no screen. all in dash

Eclipse => ehhhh, OK

1. Check Ebay if you feel safe buying there
2. You can tape into HU, but I don't know how easy to mute the front speakers like the OE navi :dunno:

·
Registered
8 Posts
acuratls said:
Thanks for the quick reply. The only alpine system I can find is the NVE-N852A which retails at crutchfield for $1999 (just for the GPS unit, not the screen). I have 2 questions:

1. Is there anywhere I can pick it up for less?
2. Could I tap into the audio system the same way the factory does?
I can get you any of the nav systems for a fairly good price. Alpine, Pioneer, Kenwood. The Alpine one I can do for $1600shipped.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.