Acura World banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
magic number ==> 69
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was wondering what kind of navi. converter do i need to conver the navigation so i can play DVD on the screen, cuz a friend of mine has the 02 MDX and he was wondering is there a converter for his car. any imput will be preciated.

thanx in advance
tai

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
69tl said:
so i was wondering what kind of navi. converter do i need to conver the navigation so i can play DVD on the screen, cuz a friend of mine has the 02 MDX and he was wondering is there a converter for his car. any imput will be preciated.

thanx in advance
tai
i think it could be done. pm austin and ask him to post up a faq :) he knows what you need to get and do

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
uhh bump, I'm thinking of doing this. I know you can use the Pioneer AVC-RGB1, but I think they're out of stock or osmething...any other comprabable things to use? And does it need to be professionally installed or can I do it myself?

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Hey guys...yeah the AVC-RGB1 is actually out of production. There are some floating around though. I don't know what type of RGB Acura navi uses...but you could call Alpine and ask (the maker of the navi). Then it would be a simple thing of buying a converter that converted whatever signal you're trying to get in (composite, svideo, etc) to rgb. These converters do exist and are readily available but the avc rgb1 was the most well known. Someone call Alpine (www.alpine1.com) and I'll see if I can't dig up a converter for that rgb type.

Austin519

·
Registered
433 Posts
yea i want to do this mod too, but I know it hard to find the converter. if anyone can find other method let us know please!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.