Acura World banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a stereo system I am considering buying. I realize that MTX isn't "state of the art" or anything and that is fine with me as I am not much of an audiophile. I am not looking to spend any more than around this range, so please don't tell me to get some mega 1000s of dollar system. Now if this is total shit and nowhere near worth the asking price, please let me know.

What I want to know is are these prices what they should be. I would actually be looking to buy it all for $310 (I'll prolly offer a bit less though). I actually know this guy and am pretty comfortable dealing with him, so no worries about the stuff being in bad shape/not as promised/etc.

Help me out guys...

Originally posted by Seller:
I've decided to sell my system that I had in my '00 GT about 9 months ago that has been sitting in my closet. I'd rather sell to someone in DFW of Houston, but will consider shipping it if none of the locals are interested. If someone from Houston wants it, I can bring it with me when I come down on June 1. Here's what I have:

1 - 10" MTX 6000 series sub - $50
1 - box for 10" sub $30
or get sub and box for $70
1 - MTX RT4340 4 channel amp...RMS 70 x 4 at 4 ohm, or 170 x2 ("birthsheet" that came with amp states an actual power of 81 x 4 at 4 ohm and 113 x 4 at 2 ohm). Of course, this amp also has HP and LP crossovers built in. - $150 amp only. $180 for amp plus all the wiriing, including 2 Rockford Fosgate 5M RCA cables (I can't remember what model these are, but they were $30 ea new...they are the purple and black wires in the amp pic).
1 - Set of Infinity Kappa 60.2cs 6.5" 2 way component system 90W RMS, 360W peak. Includes woofers, tweeters (with flush and surface mount pods), and crossovers...if you have a '94-02 Mustang, I'll also include adapter plates that allow you to mount the woofers in the factory locations in the front doors. - $80

Selling stuff seperately, or buy everything listed above for $310.

Here are pics of the stuff installed in my '00 GT that I had before the Bullitt. As you can see, the box will fit underneath the Mach 460 rear deck, which is nice.

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
moving to A/V discussoin

·
Jack This
2,318 Posts
I have MTX equipment at home, sitting in boxes. I used to have the system set up in my Civic, back in the day.

Let me tell you, no matter who knocks them, MTX amps are some of the best. A friend of mine is an installer and he highly recommends them.

The amp I ran was a 4 channel (could be the same one you're looking at - I'm not sure) for the interior. IT ROCKED my separates in the door and deck. I used another MTX 2 channel bridged for my Sub (12" MTX in a ported MTX box w/plexiglass cover.) Also, very sweet sounding.

The setup was "tits" and only cost me about $600 for speakers, x-overs, & amps. (at cost of course and all MTX)

Anyway...I'd say for a couple hundered bucks, if everything is in great condition, give it a try! You'll probably like it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.