Acura World banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello guys,

I got two offers:
2012 TL FWD - 48000 miles, for about 19,000 USD OBO Black on Black.
2012 TL SH-AWD - 43000 miles, for firm 25,000 USD, Black on Black. Brand new tires (all look same style), less than 1000 miles and oil change 1500 miles ago (no oil level change, with ~70 miles mixed driving per day, so, probably, no oil consumption issue).

The only difference I can see is drive train, I'm a contractor, developer and may have to move to a different part of USA (my preference will be no snow or less snow like North Carolina). But I never know, where I'll end up.

Please advise me on which one to choose..!
Should I spend the 6k-7k difference for Drivetrain?

I already own a motorcycle and I love it, if it is not raining or snowing, I prefer motorcycle, but I need to tow the motorcycle sometimes for track days. Sometimes, 2 motorcycles, mine and my friend's.
So, ~160 lbs X 2 = 320 lbs
Bikes ~425 lbs each = 850 lbs
Trailer hitch/tongue = ~200 lbs
Trailer =~ 400lbs
Track suit and other luggage ~100 lbs
My friends own a Lexus (300+), FWD and he is happy towing his bike with above similar stats. He suggests me to go with FWD, due to price difference. I came here to check with you guys.

Either of these cars, what should I get checked after purchase?
Tires, brakes, fluids, oil and filter, anything else?
I requested both the owners whether they can take it to ~108 point check from Acura, pre-purchase check. They both agreed, so, once I decide which car, I'll send that car to dealer. It'll cost me around 135$.

AWD has 7k miles or April 2016, remaining factory warranty, not sure about FWD yet.
Is the extended warranty worth spending my money on it?
I'm 26 yrs old, single, not interested in SUVs.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4 Posts
We have 2 Acura's 2013 Tl Sh-awd and RDX awd. If no other reason than better handling go with the Sh-Awd. It's amazing the way it corners and drives compared to no Sh-awd. We get 24/25 combined if you're not too heavy on take offs. More power also 305 hp. vs 290. Great car!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have 2 Acura's 2013 Tl Sh-awd and RDX awd. If no other reason than better handling go with the Sh-Awd. It's amazing the way it corners and drives compared to no Sh-awd. We get 24/25 combined if you're not too heavy on take offs. More power also 305 hp. vs 290. Great car!!!
But, I'm confused about the price difference I can see 19k OBO vs 25k firm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.