Acura World banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i just got my comptech high flow filter, in order to install it you have to take out the screws on the top of the airbox right? well i cant get those mofos loose! i think i might have stripped one but i might still be able to get to it. am i putting this in the right place? i feel like im doing something wrong. should i take it to the dealer and ask them to take out the screws? will they say something about my warranty and aftermarket parts?
help!!

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
You're doing it right - they don't strip easily. Just keep unscrewing until the top of the airbox comes loose, then just kind of work it off. It's not easy getting the old filter out and the new one in - make SURE you put the filter in the right direction or else it's damn near impossible to get the top closed.

IM me if you have any more questions or post em here. :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
badazzTL said:
ok i just got my comptech high flow filter, in order to install it you have to take out the screws on the top of the airbox right? well i cant get those mofos loose! i think i might have stripped one but i might still be able to get to it. am i putting this in the right place? i feel like im doing something wrong. should i take it to the dealer and ask them to take out the screws? will they say something about my warranty and aftermarket parts?
help!!
The screws that hold the air box cover down does not come out. You just have to unscrew them until you can remove the cover ( I think there's 4 of them). You also have to unclip the throttle cable from the airbox cover.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so does the red or yellow side go down? if anyone knows. im about to try again in a few minutes. thanks for the quick reply guys:cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.