Acura World banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Oracle11iGuru
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our current alarm when the doors are locked with our remote goes beep. I am interested in switching it to a slighter louder and higher pitch 'chirp, chirp'
can someone help me begin the selection, installation process. I don't think I need to switch out the whole alarm unit, just the sound chip, right? what kind should I get that will produce the 'chirp, chirp' sound? How much does it cost? Where do I buy it at? How difficult is it to install. Thanks, you guys are the greatest.

Last edited by 2001TL4KCdude on 06-20-2002 at 07:57 AM

·
Registered
369 Posts
well try lookin for the siren or something.....but i heard somewhere it could not be done, but i dunno because you have a 2k1....so good luck bro!:dunno:

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
This will be interesting mod if possible. How about making "beep" when un-locking the doors, too?

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
2001TL4KCdude:
I would lend to thinking it was hard programmed in...not something that you just replace a chip and it's done...I'm sure you could replace the actual horn under there but...how easy that'd be....hmmm...

Austin519

·
Registered
385 Posts
Yeah, your best bet would be finding out where the beeping horn is and then hooking that up in a way that would meet your needs. I've searched, but can't be sure where the beeper is. I think it's somewhere near the passenger side of the dash or engine compartment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.