Acura World banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 03 TL keeps producing check engine code P1705.. This usually happens after starting car then shifting from Park to D5. The big triangle exclamation mark lights up and the D5 symbol starts flashing, as well as the check engine light comes on. On occasion, again when shifting from Park to D5, I would hear a clicking sound coming from the gear floor shifter. The sound I hear sounds like the noise made when you step on the brake petal and it releases the locking mechanism which allows you to shift out of park, but repeatedly..
I usually would turn off ignition and restart car.. Most of the time this takes care of the clicking sound coming from the shifter.. I then would use a OBD2 tool to clear the check engine light.. The car is then drivable.
I've replaced the transmission on the car less than 60,000 miles ago.. I've also replaced the transmission range switch/ neutral position sensor and also the gear floor shifter console..
Does anyone know what else I can do?

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Here's something to start with....

DTC P1705: Short in Transmission Range Switch Circuit

Turn the ignition switch ON (II).

Disconnect transmission range switch connector.

Do all gear position indicators except [1] go out?

YES -
Replace the transmission range switch

Part is #25 in this diagram:

OEM Acura TL 2003 5AT LEFT SIDE COVER parts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.