Acura World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am actually a newbie in cars. My 2004 Acura TL is my first car, and I love it. Recently, the rear-driver-side brake smells like burning, so I decided to have the caliper replaced next week. I am going to order the OEM caliper through "acuraautomotiveparts.org". But I don't really know which one is really the one (I need a semi-loaded caliper on the rear driver side). Can you guys help me take a look at its website, and then tell me if CALIPER SUB-ASSY., L. RR. is the one I need plz!!!

My car info: 2004 Acura TL Base

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had drilled Luk Schaffer rotors and the Carbon Metallic pads on my previous car Honda Element and loved the combo, so when my new car needed new front pads I went with what I knew best, the Luk Schaffer's. I totally agree at first they seem almost ""soft"", but when you get on them they grab just as hard as the stock pads.

So for me that was a benefit because I always felt the car kind of shake slightly when first applying the brakes with the stock pads, but with the LUK Schaffer it's a much more gradual grab so it's smoother braking.

Why replace it if you can still rebuild it? It will cost you more just to buy a new calipers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts