Acura World banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again -- have been off the forum for a long time, haven't owned an Acura for a few years!

I bought a 2015 MDX with Tech Package this weekend -- WOW!!!! I've been "out of the game" for so long that I'm almost overwhelmed by the technology! :)

This vehicle is so nice, it's going to quickly become my all-time favorite vehicle, replacing my 2002 MDX as my fav!

Just wanted to say hi, and will chime in from time to time!

·
Registered
1 Posts
GPS on 2015 MDX

I have bought 2015 MDX Tech Package.
GPS is absolute garbage. My 4 years old 5" Garmin is still 100 times better than this GPS. If I knew about the limitations of their GPS, I would never wasted more money on Tech packaged MDX.
GPS doesn't show local speed limits while you drive through different places which is a big no no. Cheap counties set 101 speed traps within 10 miles area so You snooze and you loose even driving 5 miles over speed limit unknowingly.
Basically I don't use MDX GPS, Instead I use my same old Garmin which I can program on the go or while I am driving. It is a major safety issue if you are driving in a dark or unfamiliar territory where you have to stop your vehicle to re-program your GPS.
Vehicle and the ride is fantastic.
:mad:

·
Registered
1 Posts
GPS of 2016 MDX

I bought a 2016 MDX in March 2015.
I do love my car, except the GPS. It is very bad, I do not want to say garbage like Zachmoris, compare with my 3 yrs old Garmin, with free lifetime map update, 4 map updates per year, accident report, speed limit, fast calculation,...0nly $120.00.
I would like to hear the GPS improvement from Accura on their luxury cars.
:bash::bash:

·
Registered
3 Posts
GPS

I bought a 2016 MDX in March 2015.
I do love my car, except the GPS. It is very bad, I do not want to say garbage like Zachmoris, compare with my 3 yrs old Garmin, with free lifetime map update, 4 map updates per year, accident report, speed limit, fast calculation,...0nly $120.00.
I would like to hear the GPS improvement from Accura on their luxury cars.
:bash::bash:
This is issue of Acura, you can buy other GPS to replace it. My friend also have one and they also bought other part to replace

·
Registered
2 Posts
NAV is "fraud" on customers

I have bought 2015 MDX Tech Package.
GPS is absolute garbage. My 4 years old 5" Garmin is still 100 times better than this GPS. If I knew about the limitations of their GPS, I would never wasted more money on Tech packaged MDX.
Why would anyone ever suspect that the NAV system sold with a "luxury" auto for many hundreds of $$ would be up-to-date, accurate and easy to use?

ALL dealers, salesmen and service writers are completely aware of this rip-off, but remain silent or obtuse. It is frustrating that this company could be so deliberate in selling this junk to customers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.