Acura World banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my daughter received a screaming deal on her car so she could get to work. Screaming as in donation...how do I get on that list? Ok, its not perfect it is tired but with 295,000 on the clock that is acceptable. It is a 1998 Acura the previous owner said its a LS model....I dont see anything that says integra tho...or LS for that matter.
Im sure I will have question along the road but right now we are having a couple of issues that need to be addressed so she can use it for a drivers test. Right now it has the dreaded "my key wont come out of the ignition". I can trip the lever on the shifter and get it out. I sprayed lithium grease at the switch and down the shift knob tube as well as per you tube suggestion. That didnt help anything. I did notice tho that I can get the key out if I turn it forward and back fast and wiggle it up and down. It actually feels like its getting hung up in the cylindar...but then again it comes out easy when I push the lever up on the shifter. I am kinda leaning towards the shifter lever thing being worn out. I cant find what this is called does this sound like what it could be? I dont mind changing it out if its pretty straight forward. Any insight to this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts