Acura World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New member from Vancouver Canada. Recently acquired an 04 Acura EL Premium Package in Fiji Pearl Blue. I noticed theirs not many people using this forum for Acura EL's. Then again theirs not many Acura EL's in general as civics are the more common vehicle choice.
BTW I need an OEM 04/05 Lip for the front bumper any help is much appreciated. Thanks a lot everybody.

·
Old Parts Slinger
9,587 Posts
Welcome. I'll try and be as much of assistance as I can borrowing that these and the civics are essentially the same car, but yeah, we don't see many EL's here in the US.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The acura el 04/05 model has similar characteristics of a honda civic body length and size but the parts are different from exterior to interior. Let me tell you the interior is amazing. Heated seats? Yes. Fully Loaded? Yes. 1.7L SI Motor? Yes.
Not a honda civic at all.

-I read that the acura el is unfortunately only sold in the Canada market.

·
Old Parts Slinger
9,587 Posts
No 2.0L SiR motor, no care. LOL. I just wanted to say that. LOL

However, I was wondering if they came with disks in the rear? I figure this might be a easier/cheaper proposition on doing a rear disk conversion on my wife's 05 Civic vs getting a US civic si rear knuckle assemble (which the supplies seem to be drying up).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its 4 wheel disk brakes. Pretty sweet. Yea that would be a great idea considering those parts are definitely drying up. Do you know any link or source that supply's an acura el service manual for free? Or the 7th gen civic service manual is a plus as well being that they're quiet the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts