Acura World banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently am a co-owner of a 2005 Acura MDX. Actually this is my wife's vehicle. This is the 3rd Honda product I have been involved with. In '05 my wife purchased a '01 CRV with 38,000 mi. This was my first experience with a foreign owned car company since my Toyota Supra in '78. Personally I only purchase from American owned car companies. I was very impressed with the CRV. Sadly it was hit while parked in front of our house and totaled in '08. We were very fortunate and were able to buy a '01 MDX with 150k on it with the insurance money. My wife wanted another CRV, but when I saw the MDX for sale I made a deal for it. We were very pleased with the MDX. My only complaint was not enough leg room in the drivers seat. Sadly, once again this vehicle was totaled in front of our house almost 2 yrs. to the date the CRV was totaled. Again we were very fortunate, the MDX only depreciated 1k in 2 yrs, and we were able to buy our current '05 MDX, 125k on it for $9,500. Although we were told that all the required maintenance was up to date, this was false. I have almost completed the mtnce. and am anxious to see what kind of mileage I get on the hwy. The plugs were the originals, and I have the fuel injectors cleaned, trans. fluid, coolant, and air filter replaced this past week. I have already noticed performance and mileage improvements. In closing I have to say the MDX's I have had experience are outstanding.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts