Acura World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lower REAR tie bar.... custom made baby!!! Well the Brackets were made for it.... also dont mind my sig, it says DC sport, but its not. I need to find out the brand of the one they used since the one they used gave me more clearance than the DC sport one did.

Ok with sways, springs, upper strut, lower front tie, and lower rear tie.... My car is just :wow: :wow: on turns!!!!!

This pic is with the camera on the ground, so you can see how much clearance i have.

Sorry the car is dirty...

·
Acuraworld Veteran
1,108 Posts
Dude something happen to your license plate, you might want to clean that. Cops will def pull you over for it.

·
Purchased: April 28, 2001
1,440 Posts
OK.....I personally would have problems with that setup.

Why? Because of the way it is mounted.

For starters it's on a swivel joint connected to the body at only 1 mounting point. Loosen those screws, then you'll have the entire bar swinging side to side like a huge swing. At the very least you should have the bar connected at the body at 2 points, but even with this setup, the bar can still move on the single mounting joint (when the body flexes).

The VERY best setup (which I know would be difficult to pull off) would be if you had a single bar with NO joints like the Neuspeed upper strut bar. I really hope there is additional mounting points behind the bar that we cannot fully see.

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Hmm - that's a good point. It seems the point of any tie bar is to reduce lateral rigidity in the body - to reduce body flex. Without mounting points that are fixed and pivotless, it would seem a moot point.

Jesal,

Whad did your mechanic say he expected this to give you, gain-wise? unless it's welded on the pivot point (unlikely noting the bolts), it wouldn't seem to give much...

edgalang said:
OK.....I personally would have problems with that setup.

Why? Because of the way it is mounted.

For starters it's on a swivel joint connected to the body at only 1 mounting point. Loosen those screws, then you'll have the entire bar swinging side to side like a huge swing. At the very least you should have the bar connected at the body at 2 points, but even with this setup, the bar can still move on the single mounting joint (when the body flexes).

The VERY best setup (which I know would be difficult to pull off) would be if you had a single bar with NO joints like the Neuspeed upper strut bar. I really hope there is additional mounting points behind the bar that we cannot fully see.

·
Registered
14,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
heres more pics.... as for the improvement... it helped alot IMO. The rear doesnt feel as if its tilting when making shape turns anymore. Feels as if the car is grounded soo much more now. As for the bolt, i really havent taken a good look at them. I tried to take a pic of the connection but its not a clear. I think im going to look into getting it welding. Also dont worry I didnt pay alot of this setup, so i wouldnt feel bad if i have to take it off. Any other ideas? :)

dont mind the salt on my chrome... i already cleaned it off. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts